Friday February 17, 2017
6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Dear NGA Students and Parents,
We are so excited about our upcoming winter social and dance! We hope ALL NGA students will attend!
The following information will assist you in making your plans and knowing what to expect:
- Tickets will go on sale the week before Winter Blast. The cost is $15.00 per ticket. Tickets may be purchased in the lunchroom during your lunch period beginning Wednesday February 8th, and will continue to be sold through Wednesday February 15th. Your name will be placed on a list. Only those students who purchased tickets will be allowed to attend. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!
- Some students enjoy dressing up in formals and tuxedos for the dance, but formal attire is NOT required. We do ask that students wear dress clothes such as dress pants and a collared shirt. Please no jeans.
- PARENTS are WELCOME to come and watch the Grand March in the auditorium beginning at 6:30 pm. Some students choose to be presented with their date and some individually. (Students are not required to participate in the Grand March.) We also crown NGA’s Winter Blast Snow Princess and Snow Prince. Parents will not be allowed beyond the auditorium. We suggest taking any photos before you arrive at NGA and sending money with your students if they want to have them made by the photographer. If you need to give something to your student you may contact them on their cell phone and they can meet you inside the door on the south end of the building or in the school lobby. Your cooperation is appreciated, as the students’ safety is of our utmost concern.
- A Professional Photographer will be taking pictures in the band room during the dance. Picture package prices and details will be sent home with your student prior to the event.
- The concession stand will be open for drinks and snacks for a short time.
- Students may keep any personal items in the library during the Grand March and then take them to Mr. Carter’s classroom, Room 100, after the Grand March is over. A faculty member will be in there for the entire night; however NGA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- The Winter Blast is from 6:30 – 10:00 pm. The doors will open at 6:00. Students enter through the front doors of the building nearest the front office, and parents enter through the front doors nearest the auditorium. Students are to be picked up promptly at 10:00 at the doors on the south end of the building.
- If you are leaving before 10:00, your parents must come in and pick you up. If you are not leaving with your own parents, you must have a note from your parents as to what time and who you will check out with. We will need a phone number for your parents so we can call and confirm if needed.
- Once you check out and leave the dance, you are not allowed back into the building.
- Students may not bring anyone who is not enrolled in and does not attend a Lincoln County School. When you purchase your tickets, you will give your dates name and the school they attend. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The Winter Blast is a school event and ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY!
a. Dresses are the exception to school rules. They may be strapless or two piece but modest because this is a school event. (Please no cleavage.) The slit or length should be no shorter than fingertip. If in doubt get administrative approval.